Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Paleo Aficionado Lunch Recipe Cookbook, by Amanda Matthews

Who says lunch has to be chemical laden fast food, or a measly salad?  There is so much more to lunch, without it necessarily being complicated.  Real food, with simple preparation, can be delicious and nourishing.  So, instead of getting a burger or pizza, try some of these recipes on for size.

I must admit, I do not know a lot about the paleo diet.  I know a lot of people swear by it, and I say, if it works for you, then go for it.  I am not at a place right now where I would be able, or willing, to abide by the guidelines of the paleo diet.  However, because I have been eating gluten free for a year now, I am always looking for new recipes that do not contain gluten, and this cookbook delivers in spades.

The thing I liked best about this cookbook is that it is simple simple simple.  Half of the recipes contain staples that I have on hand at all times.  Hardly any of them require any exotic, pricey spices, so that makes me happy.  I am pretty sure I could find every single ingredient in the book at our local grocer, something that is rare.  And the preparations are also simple.  Most recipes are no fuss, and very little mess.  Because they are intended as lunch, the portions are small or the recipes yield a small number of portions.  That could be easily adjusted to cook batches for dinner, or pair with other dishes to make a more rounded, filling dinner meal.  

I think this book is especially helpful for people just considering the paleo lifestyle, wanting to dabble, or are very new to eating paleo.  This book will give readers and cooks the confidence in their paleo cooking abilities to build simple, healthy meals.  I, for one, cannot wait to try several of these recipes.

This book is from my personal library, and I have created this honest review of my own volition.





If you liked this review, please rate it (and others!) as helpful on my Amazon profile. My Amazon Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment