Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Simple Living- 30 Days to Less Stuff and More Life, by Lorilee Lippincott

Have you ever wanted to de-clutter your home, your mind, and your life, but just did not know where to start?  Do you start to make progress on something, only to see a million other projects that need attention?  Do you ever feel like instead of owning your stuff, your stuff owns you?  This book lays out simple, daily instructions on how to slowly minimize the clutter in all areas of your life.

I have been going through a phase for a while now where I just want to get rid of all the stuff I do not need or use.  Unfortunately, I end up acquiring more stuff I do not need or use, and it becomes a vicious cycle.  The solutions seems so easy, common sense really, yet so many of us struggle with physical, mental, and emotional clutter.  This book does a great job of breaking down, step by step, strategies for embracing a simple, minimalist lifestyle.

What I liked best about this book is that it is designed to cover a 30 day span.  Each day, there is a new lesson, one that takes just a few minutes to read over, and usually 30-60 minutes to put into action.  Some of the lessons require a bit more work and planning, but when that is the only lesson you are focusing on per day, it is doable.  This structure allows you to tackle small chunks of your life and rid them of anything unnecessary.  All aspects are covered- physical environment, eating habits, spending habits, relationships.  It really does seem like a holistic approach.

Some people may find the book overly simplistic, but I found it to be a great starting place.  Each lesson is adaptable to the needs of the individual reader, so everyone's experience of this book will be unique.  All in all, I found it really helpful.  This would be the perfect book to use for New Year's resolutions!

This book is from my personal library and I am reviewing it of my own volition.





If you liked this review, please rate it (and others!) as helpful on my Amazon profile. My Amazon Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment