Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Killers, by Shaun Jeffrey

As a police officer, Prosper Snow is no stranger to dealing with murder, and he is always determined to solve his cases.  Sometimes, he gets a little to close to the case for comfort.  So, when people start taking his murder investigations away from him, he is determined to find out why.  He learns that the recent murders are tied to a scientific experiment got bad, and the agency in charge of solving the problem wants him on their team.  They will get his cooperation, even if it means blackmale.  But is the killer really the person they think it is?

I am a huge fan of thriller and crime literature, and I have a sick fascination with serial killers, so this book really appealed to me.  While this is the second in a series, I can say, having not read the first, that this book serves as a great stand alone novel.  The character of Prosper Snow, although a bit removed and mysterious, is well developed, and it is easy to find yourself rooting for him to get the bad guy.

I was quite intrigued with the story.  As a student of psychology, I was fascinated by the concept of the experiment at the center of the plot.  I was aware of some of the scientific concepts the study was being based on, yet it still felt like a new spin on old ideas, which I really  enjoyed.  I was surprised to learn who the real killer was, which is always a sign of a well written suspense novel.

Clearly, with a title like Killers, you know there is going to be some violence in the book, but I felt is was not gratuitous.  It served the purpose of driving the plot, and I thought it was well written.  All in all, I think fans of thrillers, crime dramas, suspense, and even mysteries will enjoy this solid novel.

I received a review copy courtesy of the author.



If you liked this review, please rate it (and others!) as helpful on my Amazon profile. My Amazon Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment