Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Strangers on a Bus, by Robblogger

Strangers on a BusWhen his girlfriend kicks him out, Rob decides to board a bus traveling from New York to Canada, and to document his adventures.  Never did he imagine he would meet an interesting woman he dubs Gertrude, forming a bond that surprised even him.  But what happens when her stop comes up?

If ever you are having a bad day, and need something to make you smile, this book is just the thing.  Not only did this book make me laugh out loud, it warmed my heart.  The majority of the book is intended to be humorous, but there are parts that really show a more tender side of our author, Rob.  I loved getting that glimpse of a softer, fluffier version of that sharp, biting wit.

I loved watching the relationship between Rob and Gertrude blossom.  They had a real connection, and the writing reflects that.  It is full of honesty and heart, as well as hearty laughter.  A brilliant follow up to his first book, Rob shows how truly talented he is.

Trust me, this book is sure to put a smile on your face.



I received a review copy courtesy of the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment