Saturday, May 7, 2011

Learn Something Every Day, by Young

Learn Something Every DayWho does not love learning little bits of trivia?  What if you could learn a new fact for every day of the year?  What color was Elvis' hair naturally, and was he an only child?  What did a bigwig at Crayola confess upon retirement?  All kinds of amusing, and at times outrageous, facts are contained in this illustrated book.

I thought this book was just so cool.  I am a sucker for trivia and unusual facts, so this book was right up my alley.  The pages are brightly colored, and each page is accompanied by a really cute illustration, so it was really fun to read.

Even though this book is not all that long and does not contain all that much text, I still was not able to sit down and read it all at once.  I think I started to suffer from fact overload.  I read it over the course of a few days.  For those apt to read in the bathroom, whether in the tub or otherwise indisposed, this makes great reading, because, well, like I said, it is fun.

One thing I will say, some of the facts in the book made me want to go do research, because they were so unusual or hard to believe.  Which is not necessarily a bad thing, it will get people reading more about those topics.

So all in all, a cute little novelty book that anyone would enjoy.


I received a review copy of the book courtesy of the publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment