Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Last Exit in New Jersey, by C.E. Grundler

Last Exit In New JerseyHazel has no idea who to trust.  Her cousin is missing, her truck has been stolen, and her dad has pawned her off on some creepy stranger for his idea of safe keeping.  The more time passes, the deeper she gets tangled into a master web of conspiracy, intrigue, murder, and heartbreak.  Who will she find at the center of the web?

I am going to blame last night's lack of sleep completely the intensity of this book.  It was a little slow to get into it, mostly because I could not figure out where the plot was going, but once things started to get rolling, man oh man, I could not stop reading this book.  Every page brought a new twist and turn, and you are left constantly wondering what you will be learning next.  All the pieces do not settle into place until the very end, but once they do settle in, you will shocked at what the final picture shows.

I really enjoyed the character of Hazel.  She is more than a little bit nutty, as is Otto's character.  At various points in the story, their mental defects had me questioning my own sanity.  But there is a bit sweetness to both of these characters as well, particularly their interactions with each other.

There is certainly more than enough to draw readers in to this book- action, romance, intrigue.  Men will like it, women will like it.  I certainly liked it, and I think you will too.



A review copy of this book was provided courtesy of the author.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited that you liked this book! I have a copy too, waiting to be read and I'm excited for it, but I'm especially glad that you liked it so much! Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete