Friday, July 9, 2010

Summer Reading Challenge Update


As you all know, I joined a Summer Reading Challenge  at the Community Bookstop.

I committed to reading 25 books during the Challenge.  As of today, I have read 21, and posted the reviews for 20!  I am so proud of myself, because I have also been spending a lot of time with my friends and Hubby, so to have nearly accomplished this goal before August even starts is pretty amazing!  I hope you are all enjoying the reviews!

In the hopes of meeting new bloggers, I am joining some hops this week.

First off is the Crazy for Books book blogger hop.  We are supposed to talk about our favorite authors, and why they are our favorite.  I have so many favorites, but I will choose 2 about whom I will speak.  First is Stephen King, one of my favorites because his stories are memorable and I love to be scared.  Another favorite is Nicholas Sparks, because his stories are usually set in the Outer Banks area, and I absolutely love it there.  I can almost feel the breeze on my skin when I read his books.

There are tons of other hops I am joining too, so check them out!







My Wee View

friday-follow










Check out these awesome hops!

7 comments:

  1. So jealous! I wish I could read that many books. BK (before kids) I was able to polish off several books in a month...now I'm lucky if I can finish one in a month! C'est la vie...I suppose! I can get on board for so many different genres too...right now I mostly am reading 'domestic arts' (BAHAHAHAHA) books and also some photo books trying to brush up on my skills!

    Here from friendly friday! Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here from Friday Follow! Love the blog! I am your newest follower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How on earth do you get anything else done! 21 books since June?? Wow! I need to learn to read faster. I LOVE reading, love getting the information, and it's always been a pain to me that I hear voices in my head. I wish they would shut up so I could read faster. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy FFF. I am your newest follower!
    http://www.mibargainmom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping over from the book blogger hop to see your favorite authors. Both my husband and I like Nicholas Sparks and my husband likes Stephen King. For scary, I prefer John Saul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a new follower from FF! Come by and visit me at www.critiqueoftheunique.blogspot.com

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete