Friday, January 13, 2012

Three Cups, by Tony Townsley and Mark. St. Germain


Follow the teachings of a family as they teach their children basic financial management.  By using three different cups, the family shows how money can be portioned out for saving, spending, and charitable giving.  The child learns to split his money between the cups, having a visible reminder that each day there is a choice in terms of how to handle one's money.  The lessons are accompanied by lovely full color illustrations.

I thought this book was simply lovely.  The writing presented the concepts in a very basic, easy to understand way that will be engaging to children.  Parents can easily read this book to their children while presenting three cups of their own to institute the lesson within the story.  I think it is quite valuable, and a great starting point that will allow parents to have discussions about charitable giving, and the fact that there are so many in great need.  This is a lesson my own parents taught me at a young age, and I love that this book can be a vehicle to pass the valuable lesson on to other children.

I particularly loved the illustrations in the book.  I read an ebook, but if I had a child I would prefer to have a hard copy so that he or she could go over the concepts spelled out in the story and illustrations on their own.  In short, I thought the book was simply gorgeous and a perfect starting point.  If you are looking for a book to help your child learn about money management, and charitable giving, then this is the book for you.

I received a review copy courtesy of the publisher.
   I review for BookSneeze®

If you liked this review, please rate it (and others!) as helpful on my Amazon profile. My Amazon Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment