Friday, December 2, 2011

No Place Like Homecoming, by


Dorothy Gale is all grown up, and her adventures in Oz are now long in her past. She now trudges through the daily grind at a job she dislikes, and had more romance problems that any girl should. When her college friends plan a reunion, she gets her friend to pose as a fake boyfriend, and that is when the real magic begins.

Arh! I have so many mixed feelings about this book. Am many of my past reviews prove, I usually love all things Oz. And this book certainly takes a different spin on where Dorothy's life may have gone after Oz, but the story contradicts what some of the later Oz books tell about Dorothy's future within Oz.

I did not like that this story threw together all these fairytale/literary characters without really explaining why. Were they really these fairy tale characters, or just people who resembled them? It just did not seem very well developed or thought out. I feel like this could have been polished and with some character development, this could have been a great story.

As it is, the story is full of fluff, a typical romance chick lit story, using fairy tale characters. And it just falls short.

This book is a part of my personal library.




If you liked this review, please rate it (and others!) as helpful on my Amazon profile. My Amazon Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment