Monday, December 20, 2010

The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook Presents: A Magical Christmas Menu, by Dinah Bucholz

The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook Presents: A Magical Christmas Menu SampleThe Christmas feasts are some of the most impressive at Hogwarts, as any real Harry Potter fan will tell you.  Now, you can recreate some of the magic in your own kitchen.  This book contains a sampling of recipes of actual dishes mentioned in various Potter books from different Hogwarts Christmas feasts.

I thought this book was really cute.  As an American, I am not always sure what foods mentioned in British books will be like, so this cookbook gave me and idea, and let me tell you, the recipes sound delicious.  I love the fact that the recipes are given context; we are told where the appear in the Potter stories, which is awesome.

This book will appeal to Potter fans and cooks alike.  Most of the recipes were new to me, and I am excited to try them.  All sound fairly straight forward, so once I make it through this Christmas, I will begin weaving my culinary spells.

An excellent Christmas gift for a Potter fan, a cook, and a Kindle owner.  If you are all 3, like me, then it is a home run!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh! I have, somewhere, a Star Trek cookbook (speaking of, I ought to find it and take it to my apartment with me) but Harry Potter? PLEASE :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah there is actually a regular HP cookbook too with over 100 recipes in it. I have not read it yet, but if it is anything like the holiday HP cookbook, it will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete