Friday, August 19, 2011

Cure for the Common Life, by Max Lucado

Cure for the Common Life

How many people go through life settling, hating their circumstances, and never reaching their full potential?  How would your life change if you found your true calling, your passion, your niche?  Take the steps to identify your unique gifts and talents, and apply them to your life in order to increase your potential for happiness and fulfillment.

I am a big fan of Max Lucado, so I was a little skewed going into this book.  But honestly, I found this book to be incredibly uplifting, and so helpful.  Who among us has not felt like we were merely going through the motions of life, not really doing what God created us to do?  So many of us have jobs, ones that are merely jobs, a way to pay the bills, and while I understand that a person has to do what a person has to do to survive, I do not understand people staying in jobs or fields that they hate.  This book really solidified the idea that we do not have to continue doing this.  So many people work jobs they hate, have relationships that make them crazy, and then abuse substances in order to cope with their unhappiness.  This book really helps people see that they can break these kinds of cycles and find a much more fulfilling life.

I really felt like I was able to apply a lot of these concepts to my life, and some of them I had already been employing for some time.  While this message and not new or earth shattering, Max is able to deliver it in a way that makes sense, and in a way that allows readers to make measurable changes to the way they approach life.  I felt like the book presented some great resources to implement the main ideas.

I have read other books like this that are written from a sales or self help perspective.  I loved that this book was written instead from a faith perspective.  As I anticipated, Max Lucado delivered yet another valuable book.

I received a review copy courtesy of the publisher.

If you liked this review, please rate it (and others!) as helpful on my Amazon profile. My Amazon Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment