Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Still Missing, by Chevy Stevens

Still MissingAnnie was a successful real estate agent, with a caring boyfriend, when she was suddenly abducted.  Her abductor takes her away to a cabin in the woods, where he keeps her hostage for over a year.  Terrorized both mentally and physically, Annie finds a way to get free.  When she returns to the world she had trouble adapting to her freedom, and it only gets harder when she starts to learn who is behind the abduction.

I want to be very careful not to give away spoilers for this book, because I really want you to read it.  You NEED to read it.  This book is so amazing, particularly for a debut novel.  I loved the unique structure of the narrative.  Each chapter starts out in Annie's voice, as she narrates bits of her story to her therapist, each chapter being a new therapy section.  You immediately feel intimate with Annie, you are privy to her inner thoughts, and a first hand account of her horror.  The amount of character development right from the gate is staggering.  You literally feel as if you are her therapist.  I was completely mesmerized.

The story was terrifying to read, because I know things like this really happen.  But the book was incredible; I could not put it down.  In fact, I read it in a day.  Any lover of thrilling dramas will like this book.  I was shocked to learn who it was that set this chain of events into motion, and I think other readers will be as well. Overall, a fantastic, dramatic book that will have me looking over my shoulder for weeks.

A touring review copy of this book was provided by Crazy Book Tours.

1 comment:

  1. I just grabbed a copy of this at the library. I'm excited to read it, and glad to hear that you liked it!

    ReplyDelete