Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Learn Me Gooder, by John M. Pearson



Jack Woodson is back for another year of teaching adventures.  Each week or so, he recounts his adventures in educating to his friend and former coworker.  Read about the continued trials of Mr. Woodson as he discusses the perils of third grade, the trouble with falling in love, and the ever dreaded Texas standardized tests.

I just love the way Pearson writes the story of Mr. Woodson.  I think it is quite clever how Pearson uses the email format, once again, to help relay the weekly happenings.  It makes the reader feel like they are eavesdropping on real life conversations.  Since I know quite a few teachers, I know how much these amusing stories are grounded in reality!

I really liked the further development of Jack Woodson's character, and the peek into his private life.  The relationship with Jill added a lot to the book, and it was nice to see a bit of vulnerability.  And I just adore the cast of kid characters this time around.  So many endearing and kooky kids.

All in all I thought the book was hilarious.  It will appeal to teachers without a doubt, as well as lots of everyday readers as well.

I received a review copy courtesy of the author.


 If you liked this review, please rate it (and others!) as helpful on my Amazon profile. My Amazon Profile

1 comment:

  1. Read this review and checked it out, then checked out the first book. It is FREE right now (for Kindle). Gonna check it out - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete